Making your own photo album out of recycled material is very simple. In addition to always having at hand the most precious memories of your experiences with family, friends and acquaintances, you will be helping the planet.
As studies point out, the growth of the world population has caused the increase in the consumption of goods and services, leaving a fairly high waste footprint. Those you can recycle are cardboard, paper, glass and plastic.
5 reasons to have a photo album
In the midst of the digital revolution, having a photo album is a worthwhile daring. Having our best and most pleasant memories on the mobile or computer is an option to save them, but in case of a problem with the device they can be lost.
1. They will not be deleted
As happened with Tuenti or Fotolog, platforms like Instagram and others where we upload photos could disappear at any time or delete the oldest files. It is for this reason that it pays to have a backup that is reliable and that we can always carry with us, like the photo album.
2. They don’t depend on any device
To remember your best memories you will not need the use of any device. Just take your album, open it and enjoy once again all those moments that have made you so happy in life. With energy or without energy, with mobile or without it, they will always be for you.
3. You can create a timeline
Mobile devices store memories by dates and we can categorize them into folders; This is a great advantage. We can do the same on our album and we will get the benefits we already talked about. Have an album for each stage: childhood, school, college, marriage, children, and pets.
4. They are a decorative element
Photo albums are a decorative element that can give color to your home. Everything will depend on the style you impose on the one we will teach you to create. You can opt for the classic or the showy.
5. You can show off your memories
Since your photo albums are a decorative object, you can afford to show off your best memories. If you have a side table, decorate it with them and allow those who visit you to take a look at the best moments of life.
Photo album of recycled material
We know you already want to know how to make your own photo album out of recycled material. Well, without further ado, we leave you an idea that you will love.
- Your photographs.
- Coloured contact paper.
- A folder that you no longer use.
- Sheets for photographs of 3 perforations.
Step by step
- The first thing you have to do is remove the leaves that have remained in the folder that you are going to recycle.
- Now use contact paper of the color you want to line the lids. You can even employ several and make a novel design.
- Install the photo sheets in your folder.
- Start locating your photos the way you want.
Variations in your photo album of recycled material
- If you do not have a folder to recycle you can create it yourself with some good sheets of cardboard. Play with size and orientation, both on the lid and on the inner leaves.
- Instead of using contact you can use paint or add different details. Even add texture with the use of fabrics.
- If you do not want to use the sheets of photographs, opt for sheets of colored paper or create the pages with cardboard of smaller caliber than the covers.
How was your photo album of recycled material?
As you can see, the options to make your own photo album from recycled material are endless. We have left you a base with which you can play and, through your imagination, innovate.
Since the idea is that you make several albums, choose a style to which you can make small variations that combine with each other. In a very subtle and elegant way you can write on the spine the stage to which the photos correspond, so you can locate the albums in the library.