The use of disposable discs or towels results in the accumulation of waste that contributes to the pollution of the environment. However, reusable make-up remover discs are sustainable and environmentally friendly products. Why?
In particular, they are suitable for applying “the law of the 3Rs”, that is, reduce, reuse and recycle. In this way, you not only contribute to reducing the environmental impact, but you also take care of your skin without constantly investing in single-use products. Want to know more about it? Read!
Why use reusable make-up remover discs?
Incorporating sustainable products into the beauty routine has interesting benefits. In the first place, they are an ecological alternative, since they do not generate as much pollution as disposable ones. On the other hand, they save money and support skin care. Let’s look in detail at why use reusable makeup remover discs.
During the nightly facial cleansing routine, it will not be enough to use facial soap to remove all the makeup. Therefore, first of all, the ideal is to remove excess cosmetics with the help of reusable discs. They are perfect for removing mascara, lipstick and other products. It is enough to moisten them with micellar water.
Moistened with a little micellar water or cleansing milk, these discs are ideal for cleaning the skin at night.
Recommended by cosmetologists
Makeup remover towels were a trend for years. However, over time discs became one of the favorite options. In fact, some cosmetologists suggest them, as they are gentle, do not irritate the skin and contribute to the deep cleansing of the face.
Promote the environment
Using traditional cotton pads involves throwing away around 60 discs in a month, which become garbage. On the other hand, homemade make-up remover discs contribute to the conservation of the environment in the following ways:
- Being reusable, they prolong their capacity of use, which allows to reduce the volume of waste.
- The transformation of old clothes or towels by the creative alternative of make-up remover discs, reuses and recycles in a novel way a material that was thought to be a waste. With this, he is granted a second chance.
Reduce economic expenses
If you clean the makeup on your face with disposable discs, you will probably use between 2 and 4 discs daily. Speaking in figures, this represents an annual expenditure of approximately between 730 and 1460 records.
Meanwhile, adding reusable make-up remover discs to your skincare routine provides the opportunity to use them over and over again, for months or years. In this sense, they avoid a constant expenditure of money.
For all skin types
Due to its softness, it is very useful for oily, combination or dry skin. In the same way, they are useful to clean both the face and neck.
Easy to wash
Reusable discs absorb makeup and impurities. Therefore, it is necessary to wash them after use. How to do it? Very simple! You can wash them by hand with soap and water, or put them in a cloth bag for machine washing.
How to make reusable makeup remover discs at home?
The elaboration of reusable make-up remover discs is quite simple. You just need some basic materials, which are usually at home.
- Piece of flannel cloth and towel.
- Fine-tipped pen or marker.
- Thread of the color of your preference.
- A glass or a circular object that is rigid, since it will function as a mold to make the shape of the disc. The size is your preference.
Do you have all the materials? If your answer is yes, then you can start. The procedure you must follow is the one we present below:
- First, place the glass or object you have decided to use on top of the fabric.
- With the help of the pen, scratch the silhouette of the circle. Repeat this procedure on the fabric as many times as necessary (everything will depend on how many discs you need in the week to remove the remains of makeup).
- Next, cut the circles with the scissors.
- Join a circle of flannel cloth with one of towel cloth.
- Finally, sew the entire edge of the circle to close it.
- Store in a glass container to keep the discs clean and use them whenever you like.
Reusable make-up remover discs: sustainable substitute
Although more than nine million wipes or discs are thrown away daily, replacing disposable discs with reusable ones represents a small action that can translate into a great result. This change can have a positive impact on the environmental, aesthetic and economic environment of each person.
Reusable make-up remover discs, although they have a long lifespan, do not last a lifetime. But there are always different types of fabrics that, with the passage of time, you stop using. That’s when you can remember to apply “the law of the 3Rs” to create this element, a sustainable alternative that contributes to the reduction of waste.