“A good story can take you on a fantastic journey”
If you’re thinking of visiting Disneyland Paris with your friends, family or kids and have no idea where to start planning your visit, you’ve come to the right place. This quick guide to visiting Disneyland Paris and its best attractions, has the basic information, tips and advice on what to see and how to visit Mickey and his friends, in the Disney park of Paris.
Disneyland Paris is one of the most incredible places in the world to visit as a family, but you must take into account a number of important things to ensure that the visit to this magical place is unforgettable. We start by solving the most frequent doubts:
WHAT IS DISNEYLAND PARIS AND WHERE EXACTLY IS IT LOCATED?
Disneyland Paris is a Disney theme park located about 38 km east of Paris, France, in the city of Marne-la-Vallée. The park originally opened as EuroDisney in 1992, although it later changed its name to the current one.
- France’s Disney Amusement Resort Park consists of two theme parks: Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios. There is also an area of restaurants and shops called Disney Village.
- There are seven Disney-operated hotels inside the park of all categories, where you can stay during your visit, which is the most comfortable option to see Disneyland Paris. There are continuous offers, including transfers, tickets and accommodation, which you can find on different websites, such as the following: Eurodisney with Centraldevacaciones. Another alternative option is to stay in Val D’Europe, which is one train stop from the park.
HOW TO GET TO DISNEYLAND PARIS
Disneyland Paris is very well connected to the Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy train station, so transportation from Paris is very easy. We tell you how to get to Disneyland Paris from Charles de Gaulle airport in a simple way:
- A very comfortable and practical option is to use the Magical Shuttle airport bus, which takes you directly to the Disney resorts. It has a cost of € 23 per person and a frequency of 30-60 minutes (depending on the time).
- The journey to Disneyland Paris Resort is one hour and I recommend it, especially after a long flight.
HOW MANY DAYS TO VISIT DISNEYLAND PARIS?
Although this is very personal and depends on the things you want to see at the Disneyland Paris amusement park, if you want to visit all the attractions, meet the main characters and see all the shows in the park, a stay at EuroDisney of 3 days and 2 nights would be ideal.
WHAT TYPE OF TICKET IS THE MOST CONVENIENT TO SEE THE DISNEY THEME PARK IN PARIS?
Disneyland Paris has several tickets, which depend on the price of the days of visit to be made, the parks to visit and the seasons of the visit to the resort:
- You can get a one-day Disney ticket for one park or a one-day ticket for two parks (Park Hopper).
- You can also get tickets for several days.
- You should know that there are also different offers at Eurodisney Paris, depending on the days of visit. For example, a Disney “mini ticket” is valid Monday through Friday excluding holidays. “Super Magic tickets” however, are valid for weekend visits and peak holiday season.
THE BEST ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN DISNEYLAND PARIS
Disneyland Paris has many attractions similar to the USA Parks, in case you are already familiar with them:
TOP PARIS DISNEYLAND ATTRACTIONS
The main entrance of Disneyland Paris is located on Main Street USA, which takes you to the Sleeping Beauty Castle. From this point you can enter the different thematic areas: Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland and Discoveryland.
Among the best attractions to see in Disneyland Paris are: Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and It’s a Small World. I also recommend the nightly show, Disney Illuminations, with fireworks performances and projections at the Disney castle.
TOP ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN WALT DISNEY STUDIOS PARK
At Walt Disney Studios Park, the main attraction to see is Crush’s Coaster, which is a combination of roller coaster and spinning teacups. Don’t miss the Ratatouille attraction, a dark and mysterious journey that reduces you to the size of a rat and takes you on a formidable adventure, suitable for the whole family.
HOW TO SKIP THE LINE WHEN VISITING DISNEYLAND PARIS ATTRACTIONS
- You should know that as of 2022 the popular FastPass to avoid queues have been removed, but there is another option called Disney Premier Access, which gives you quick access to some of the most popular attractions. These accesses cost between € 5 to € 15, in the Disneyland Paris application.
- At peak times, EuroDisney Paris may require a Standby Pass to access certain attractions. You should know that it is free and that you can find it in the Disney application.
But, in our opinion, the best way to experience shorter queues without paying extra is to arrive early at Disney parks: We advise doing it at least an hour before they open, to access the most popular attractions first thing in the morning, when the crowds have not yet arrived.
As you can see, there are many good reasons to visit the parks of Disneyland Paris, with great attractions to see and enjoy. We hope you get our tips and that you can make this unforgettable trip to Disney soon as a family.